- Come to RTU
- Site map
- Latvian version
The Latvian Ministry of Education and Science (Registration No 90000022399) announces a competition for positions of the members of the Riga Technical University’s Council who are nominated by the Cabinet of Ministers (five positions for four years).
Requirements for candidates:
Candidates will be assessed on the following competencies: strategic vision (critical competence), change management, orientation to results (critical competence), development orientation, planning and organising, decision-making and responsibility, building and maintaining positive relationships, team leadership.
The highest-ranking candidate will be nominated to the Latvian Cabinet of Ministers for approval at the end of the selection process.
The competence of a university’s Council is defined in Article 14² of the Law on Higher Education Institutions, available at https://likumi.lv/ta/id/37967#p14_2.
Monthly remuneration: per Section 14.1 (16) of the Law on Higher Education Institutions, the remuneration of the members of the Council is determined by the average remuneration level
of the academic staff of the Riga Technical University – the monthly remuneration of a member of the Council is equal to the average remuneration level of the academic staff of the previous year up to 2596 EUR before tax.
Application documents to be submitted:
1) a declaration of consent by the physical person to participate in the selection, if the application is submitted by a representative of the society (natural person, public, non-governmental, private sector institution or organisation, as well as an institution or organisation of a candidate nominated by the society as defined in the Law on Higher Education Institutions);
2) a motivated letter of application, in which we ask:
2.1. To include information attesting to the professional and managerial experience referred to in the advertisement, indicating the period during which the experience was acquired (if the letter of application does not describe the experience required for the post, the selection board will consider that the candidate has no such experience);
2.2. To include a statement of compliance with the requirements set out in Section 14.1 (10), (11) and (12) of the Law on Higher Education Institutions.
3) Curriculum Vitae, including a self-assessment of the candidate’s level of Latvian and English, and contact details (e-mail address, telephone number);
4) copies of the documents attesting to the candidate’s higher educational qualifications.
Candidates should apply until 23 November 2021 (including) by sending the documents to the e-mail address v.lv with the reference «Member of the Riga Technical University’s Council».
Please note that the selection will be made in 3 rounds as follows:
1) Round 1 will consist of an assessment of the relevance of the documents submitted by the candidates and the content of the information provided in the application letter;
2) Candidates who have made it to Round 2 will be invited to an interview, during which the selection committee will assess the candidate’s suitability to work in the Riga Technical University’s Council, as well as candidates who will be promoted to Round 2 will be asked to submit a vision in the form of a presentation on higher education and science development trends in Latvia and internationally, as well as on the priorities of the Riga Technical University;
3) Candidates shortlisted for Round 3 will be assessed on their competencies in the defined areas of experience.
Based on Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council on the protection of physical persons concerning the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), the Latvian Ministry of Education and Science informs, that:
1) The personal data provided in the candidate’s application documents will be processed for this selection and nomination;
2) The processing of the candidate’s personal data is carried out by the Latvian Ministry of Education and Science (taxpayer registration No 90000022399), contact address: 2 Vaļņu Street, Rīga, LV-1050.