The study programme prepares specialists - engineers who are able to work in the field of research, development, installation, operation and modernization of electronic embedded and data transmission systems.
Short about programme
Faculty of Computer Science, Information Technology and Energy
Programme type and level
Professional Master (Second Cycle) Studies
Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer Control and Computer Science
Awarded degree and qualification
Professional master degree in electronics / leading electronics engineer
Required previous education
Bachelor degree of engineering science in electronics and automation or equivalent education
Price per year
€ 4 460 - EU countries
€ 4 460 - Non EU countries
Credit point/ECTS amount
Duration of studies
Full-time studies - 2 years
Autumn / Spring
To prepare specialists who understand the development trends of the industry in the world and are able to work in the field of research, development, installation, operation and modernization of smart electronic equipment and systems.
The tasks of the study programme:
- to provide competitive education in the design of smart electronic systems in accordance with the level of master's studies and international standards;
- to provide students with knowledge about the physical processes used in electronics and the technical solutions of circuits;
- to ensure the development and changes of the content of the study program, realization of the study process, scientific research work, in accordance with changes in the fields of electronic systems design, international practice, science and didactic practice;
- to provide students with comprehensive knowledge, develop skills and competence in accordance with the requirements of the market for electronics engineers, preparing students for practical work in the design, manufacture and maintenance of smart electronic systems;
- to provide students with knowledge about the use of computer tools in the analysis and design of electronic systems;
- to provide opportunities to acquire skills in research, problem formulation and analysis, innovation, strategy development, project definition and implementation, as well as organizational work, incl. theoretical and experimental research and literature analysis;
- to promote students' interest in further professional development by providing knowledge and skills for independent study to increase their academic and professional qualifications.
SAF Tehnika, SIA Mikrotīkls, Arcus Elektronika, Latvijas Radio un Televīzijas Centrs, Latvijas Radio un Latvijas Televīzija, Lattelekom, Latvijas Mobilais Telefons, Tele2, Elektronisko Sakaru direkcija, a/s “Alfa”, SIA “Hanza Elektronika”, Accenture, UAV Factory, Citrus Solutions, Draugiem Group, Intelligent Systems, Vizulo, Regula Baltia, Aerones.
English language proficiency equivalent to at least CEFR B2 level.