In the autumn of 1912, the next significant event was celebrated to mark the 50th Anniversary of the university. In 1896, the name of the university had changed and on this Anniversary it was known as Riga Polytechnic Institute (RPI). The celebrations were the same as they were 25 years ago.
On the eve of the festival, on 1 October, services were held both in the Orthodox Cathedral and in the Riga Lutheran St. Peter’s Church. In the afternoon, members of student corporations from the building of Riga Polytechnic Institute at 4 Puškina (at present – Kronvalda) Boulevard went on a torchlight procession to the university administration building at 19 Troņmantnieka (at present – Raiņa) Bboulevard.
On the day of the celebration, 73 representatives from the St. Petersburg Academy of Sciences, St. Petersburg, Odessa and Tartu higher education institutions, Paris, Stockholm, Geneva, Helsinki, etc. higher technical schools greeted the institute on the Anniversary. Many congratulations were received from European universities.