The origins of the RTU History Museum can be traced back to 1967 and the first exposition was opened in 1969. The museum serves educational and scientific purposes, as well as the promotion of cultural and historical values. It collects a wealth of factual material on the teaching staff and students of the university, as well as on the establishment of the activities of faculties and other structural units. The museum’s collections contain materials from the beginnings of the university in 1862.
The museum is located (vai Museum Location) at 1 Kronvalda Boulevard, Riga.
An excursion to the RTU History Museum can be booked by writing an e-mail: . In the e-mail, it is desirable to indicate the age, number and desired purpose of the museum visitors (students, pupils, etc.).
In historical building at 1 Kronvalda Boulevard, where the educational institution was already in the 19th century and where the Faculty of Electrical and Environmental Engineering was located for many years, now the history room of our university – RTU History Museum Exhibition Hall – has been created.